| ]

Recommendation letter is very important and it is a very big help no matter what it takes. However writing a good recommendation is not easy since different situation may result in different letter.

However recommendation doesn't always mean good since it may hurt your reputation if it is not well arranged or written; therefore, I would like to source around the internet and share all of these 10 best sample letters of recommendation.

[Date]

[Full Name]
[Title]
[School Name]
[Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear [Mr./Ms. Last Name]:

I am writing to you in support of [Mr./Ms. Full Name] and [his/her] desire to attend [University Name] for the [Program Title] program. Though many students ask me to make this request on their behalf, I only recommend students whom I feel are well-suited for the program of their choice. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] is one of those students and therefore, I highly recommend that [he/she] be given the opportunity to attend your university.

As [Professor’s Title] of [Professor’s Department] at [University Name], I work with many students who have substantial knowledge of [Subject]. Each year I notice that only a few outstanding students offer a unique perspective and really embrace their learning of the subject matter. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] has consistently shown such a strong desire to learn that I simply could not turn down [his/her] request for recommendation.

I first met [Mr./Ms. Last Name] in my [Course Title] course during the [Season and Year] semester. Compared to the class average of [Class Average], [Mr./Ms. Last Name] earned a [Grade] in the class. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] was evaluated on [explain basis for grades, e.g., exams, papers, etc.], in which [he/she] performed exceptionally well.

Though [Mr./Ms. Last Name] has consistently exceeded in all areas of [his/her] coursework, the best example of [his/her] intelligence shone through a [paper/presentation/project/etc.] on [work’s title]. The work clearly showed [his/her] ability to deliver a clear, concise and well-thought presentation with a new perspective by demonstrating [embellish here].

[Mr./Ms. Last Name] continues to impress me with [his/her] knowledge, skill and dedication to [his/her] work. I’m sure you will find [him/her] to be a student whose talents will only shine further through your graduate program. It is my hope that you will accept [his/her] admission to your university. Feel free to contact me if you require further information.

Sincerely,

[Professor’s Name]
[Professor’s Title]
[University]

-------------------------------

[Date]

[Full Name]
[Title]
[School Name]
[Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear [Mr./Ms. Last Name]:

I am writing to you in support of [Mr./Ms. Full Name] and [his/her] desire to attend [University Name] for the [Program Title] program. Though many students ask me to make this request on their behalf, I only recommend students whom I feel are well-suited for the program of their choice. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] is one of those students and therefore, I highly recommend that [he/she] be given the opportunity to attend your university.

As [Professor’s Title] of [Professor’s Department] at [University Name], I work with many students who have substantial knowledge of [Subject]. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] has consistently shown such a strong desire to learn [subject] that I simply could not turn down [his/her] request for recommendation.

I first met [Mr./Ms. Last Name] in my [Course Title] course during the [Season and Year] semester. Compared to the class average of [Class Average], [Mr./Ms. Last Name] earned a [Grade] in the class. [Mr./Ms. Last Name] was evaluated on [explain basis for grades, e.g., exams, papers, etc.], in which [he/she] performed exceptionally well.

[First Name] is an outstanding individual with a strong character. [He/She] has the ability to produce impressive results in a wide variety of areas. [First Name] is/has [list of positive traits/skills, e.g. organized, motivated, etc.]. I have seen astonishing results on complex projects that offered great attention to detail where quality was never compromised. Additionally, [he/she] has a very positive attitude and truly embraces learning all there is to know about [subject].

Though [First Name] has consistently exceeded in all areas of [his/her] coursework, the best example of [his/her] intelligence shone through a [paper/presentation/project/etc.] on [Work’s Title]. The work clearly showed [his/her] ability to deliver a clear, concise, and well-thought presentation with a new perspective by demonstrating [embellish here].

In addition to [his/her] coursework, [First Name] also dedicated some of [his/her] time volunteering at [Club or Organization Name]. [His/Her] position required [him/her] to [list of tasks]. [He/She] felt volunteering was an important leadership role, in which [he/she] learned [list of skills]. The skills acquired through volunteering will be beneficial to all of [First Name] future endeavors. [First Name] has the ability to manage and organize [his/her] time and schedule around different activities without having them interfere with school. [His/Her] experience at [Club or Organization Name] provided [him/her] with the aptitude that [he/she] needs for graduate school and for a career in [name of career].

I believe [First Name] is destined to be a leader in [type of field], and therefore is an excellent candidate for your school. I highly recommend that you consider [his/her] application, as [he/she] will be a great asset to your program. I’m sure you will find [him/her] to be a student whose talents will only shine further through your graduate program. It is my hope that you will accept [his/her] admission to your university. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

[Professor’s Name]
[Professor’s Title]
[University]

Source: http://gradschool.about.com/

-------------------------------

Graduate School Tips also has two good sample letters of recommendation that you want to follow. Sample Letter 1 | Sample Letter 2. You may click on the sample links to view the two letters.

-------------------------------

Three more short but meaningful sample letters of recommendation are available at Emurse. The samples are very simple.

Sample Letter of Recommendation for Employment

To Whom It May Concern:

It is with great privilege that I write to you in recommendation of Marty McFly. Until recently, I have been Marty's direct supervisor. I have found him to be a pleasant, generous person who is never afraid to take on a challenging task. He has been one of our most dedicated employees.

Marty is an independent, self directed person who is able to communicate effectively and meet even the most demanding challenges. During his three year tenure here, he set an unprecedented record in portfolio growth. Marty's stock picks averaged returns 500% higher than the S&P, much to our competitors dismay.

While his on the job performance has been nothing less than stellar, Marty has also become a close friend to many of us. We pride ourselves on our corporate values and close knit community, and in this area he truly shines. Marty, along with his father George, have organized many family picnics complete with story telling and live music. Marty is not only gifted in his uncanny ability to foresee growth opportunities, he is also a very talented musician!

Though we are all deeply disappointed to lose Marty, I highly recommend him for employment with your organization. He is a team player, a great person and an absolute financial genius.

Best Regards,

Scrooge McDuck
President
McDuck Financial Services

Sample Character Reference Letters

Dear Mr. McDuck,

I have known Gilbert Lowell for 20 years. He has been a friend, a confidant and a business partner. Just recently, my wife and I named him the god father of our new born son.

Gilbert is incredibly intelligent and is an amazing leader. I first met Gilbert when he was the president of my college fraternity, Lambda Lambda Lambda. Not only did he led our chapter to academic success, but we also managed to take control of the Greek Council under his direction. After graduation, Gilbert and I became business partners and started a small calculator accessory manufacturer. His financial intelligence as well as his leadership have made our firm the 2nd largest vendor at the Brevard County Super Flea every Sunday afternoon.

It is with great pleasure that I write to you in recommendation of Gilbert Lowell. He is a honest, caring individual who will make an extremely valuable asset to your organization.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Fred Palowakski
Friend of Gilbert Lowell

Sample Recommendation Letter for Graduate School

To Whom It May Concern:

It gives me immense pleasure to write in recommendation of Alvin Seville for admission to your graduate program in Applied Mathematical Marketing. I have known Alvin for three years, and have instructed him in four separate courses. I have also served as Alvin's academic adviser for the last two years.

Alvin has routinely ranked in the top 10% of his class, and is consistently one of the top students in each of his individual courses. He is hardworking, energetic and curious. I have no doubt that he will succeed in his future academic endeavors.

Last semester, Alvin and his brother Theodore presented their mathematical model for determining sales patterns amongst video game magazines. Not only did this project earn him top honors, Barnes & Noble took notice and has now hired Alvin on for a summer internship. This project was carried out during the course of one semester, demonstrating Alvin's strong work ethic.

I have no doubt that Alvin will make a tremendous impact on the world at large. I am positive he will make outstanding contributions to your program.

Regards,

Dr. Rebecca Miller
Professor, University of Central Florida

-------------------------------

Date

Dear Madam/Sir (or Name of the Counselor),

I find myself extremely delighted to present a recommendation for one of my best students, Jim Phyllis, for admission to the graduate program in Developmental Psychology at your esteemed school. I have been Jim's academic adviser for the last two years, and I have watched him chart out his path to realize his dream and contribute to the research process in the field of developmental psychology.

I have seen Jim's interest in the field develop through his course in school. Though he started out with psychology as a minor subject, it soon became a passion, which was reflected in the way he performed in class and in his changing thought process. Apart from his phenomenal educational performance, Jim also displayed an enthusiasm when it came to other extracurricular activities. He would regularly contribute to the college magazine by means of articles on psychology, and on several diverse topics such as literature and the environment. His keen sensitivity toward various disciplines is what made him stand out among several others.

It is based on these qualities that I personally recommend Jim Phyllis as a very suitable candidate for the graduate program at your school. Jim is a student who has immense potential to make a difference wherever he goes. He continually challenges himself to learn more and understand the various dimensions of fields that interest him, thereby garnering almost as much knowledge of a subject, as he can. As his academic adviser, I am very proud to vouch for him as a splendid student.

Should you require any further details regarding Jim Phyllis, you may contact me on 1234-5678. Alternately, you may get in touch with me at reginald.richards@456.net.

Sincerely,

Signature

Reginald Richards
Professor
University of XYZ

Source: buzzle

-------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

As the Dean of [school name], I have had the pleasure of knowing John for the last four years.He has been a tremendous student and an asset to our school. I would like to take this opportunity to recommend John for your graduate program.

I feel confident that he will continue to succeed in his studies.John is a dedicated student and thus far his grades have been extremely good. In class, he has proven to be a take-charge person who is able to successfully develop plans and implement them.

John has also assisted us in our admissions office. he has successfully demonstrated leadership ability by counseling new and prospective students. His advice has been a great help to these students, many of whom have taken time to share their comments with me regarding his pleasant and encouraging attitude.

It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for John without reservation. His drive and abilities will truly be an asset to your establishment. If you have any questions regarding this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

[counsellor name]
[school name and address]

Source: satteststudy

-------------------------------

Eddie A. Beaudry

4115 Elk Avenue

Lansing, MI 48933

November 22, 2010

To:

Kelly A. Williams

1765 Sundown Lane

Austin, TX 78748

Dear Madam,

Ref: Graduate School Recommendation letter for an eligible student

I am writing now to recommend Mr. Steve as your new student in your university for further engineering studies. He has done well before. He has obtained 95% of marks in his school and also obtained 97% of marks in the entrance examination of your university.

Let me introduce myself, I am an alumnus of Miami University. It is known to me that, admission to your university needs 2 to 3 recommendation letters though candidates might have good marks. I select one student from my school by testing various fields of knowledge in every year. I conduct all of the testing fields and evaluate performance. Then I recommend for that student.

From my best knowledge, I know he is a very talented and hard working student. I can see his bright future. If you accept him to your university, I am sure that he will do well and it will be blessing for his career also. That’s why I am recommending for him. I hope you would be pleased with him and accept him as your student.

Thanking You

Sincerely,

Eddie A. Beaudry

Source: writeletters
Share/Save/Bookmark